Early stakeholders were invited to the Crestwood Community League February 20, 2019 for a special pre-public viewing of the design plans of the Roozen Family Hospice Centre. The thoughtful design was met with consistent excitement
Highlights of the Design:
- Purpose-built and in character with the mature, residential neighbourhood of Crestwood (Candy Cane Lane)
- Twelve thoughtfully designed hospice palliative suites are provisioned to maximize comfort at end of life with ambient lighting, temperature control, private washroom and furniture that can accommodate overnight stays of loved ones.
- Spa-like therapeutic tub rooms, private and shared dining and living spaces and access to a beautifully designed courtyard complement the residential hospice experience.
- Family rooms, quiet reflection rooms, counselling and spiritual care spaces are designed for comfort with fireplaces and family-friendly furnishings.
- An entire level dedicated space to hospice and grief support programs for adults, children, teens, families and the broader community.